StoneWorks hopes to inspire creative culture shapers to pass on the vision, engage in further networking and partnership, and develop their own programs and methods to pursue the following common goals:
1. Arts Education: To equip Christians to understand and embrace the language of the arts in the context of life and faith.
2. Spiritual Formation: To network and mentor the emerging generation of artists within authentic Christian community.
3. Cultural Restoration: To faithfully participate in God’s ongoing redeeming and restoring work in the arts and in the culture.
In order to see these goals realized, we encourage Christian arts leaders to focus on four culture-shaping sectors:
1. The Church: Teaching the Church to embrace a biblically based, holistic framework for understanding and practicing the arts.
2. The Marketplace: Encouraging the creation of art that is characterized by aesthetic excellence, spiritual integrity, and cultural sensitivity and relevance.
3. The Academy: Supporting and empowering arts faculty and arts students to be a spiritually and artistically transformative presence on university and college campuses.
4. Missions: Helping mission organizations understand the role of the arts and the imagination in fulfilling the Great Commission.