Artists in Christian Testimony International
Mission: A.C.T. Intl exists to mobilize and equip artistic and innovative ministries and missionaries for Christian work around the world.
A.C.T. Intl was founded on the conviction that God has designed the human heart, the human communication process, and human society with the inherent capacity and need to express attitudes, values, and beliefs through “artistic expression.”
A.C.T. Intl is made up of artists from all disciplines, creative church planters, and others who are committed to
- helping people worship and proclaim Christ through music and the arts
- equipping church leaders to bring relevant worship to, and win worshipers from, all nations
- training other musicians and artists (arts ministry specialists) for ministry and missions, whether church-based or in the market place
- empowering and mobilizing musicians and artists for world evangelization
- helping to impact our culture for Christ through contextualized (culturally meaningful) artistic expression
A.C.T. Intl’s staff and related ministries carry out creative worship, evangelism, discipleship, Bible teaching, leadership training, and church planting.
Here are just a few of A.C.T. Intl’s ministry departments:
Kirk and Deby Dearman
Kirk and Deby began their ministry 25 years ago in the Dallas area, where they served as worship leaders and began writing songs for Maranatha! Music. Inspired by teachings about demonstrating praise to the nations, the Dearmans moved to Europe with their two daughters. They served as missionaries and co-founders of Project Exalt!, a ministry that flourishes today under the name Creative Arts Europe (now based in Brussels, Belgium). During their missions outreach, their song “We Bring the Sacrifice of Praise” gained popularity both in America and around the world. Since returning to the states, the Dearmans have created a multi-sensory worship service called “Come to the Quiet.”
Paul and Linda Neeley
Paul Neeley has been involved with music and missions since 1988. He is co-founder and president of the International Council of Ethnodoxologists, a group of people around the world dedicated to using culturally appropriate music in Christian ministries. He is also an author, journal editor, performing musician, ethnomusicology professor, and consultant in “music and missions” for numerous groups. Linda Neeley has been involved with Bible translation (through Wycliffe) since 1979 and co-led a team that completed the Achoday NT translation in Ghana.
Ken and Kris Fitch
A giftedness in the arts and a heart for the people of Brazil led Ken and Kris Fitch to A.C.T. Intl in 2001, resulting in the ministry department On Staff for HIM (OSFH). OSFH ministers to the physical and spiritual needs of Brazilians by providing food, shelter, clothing, education (basic reading and writing), job skills, Christian counseling, and an opportunity to hear the hope they can have in Jesus through worship evangelism festivals, concerts of praise and worship, concerts of prayer, teaching, preaching, theater, drama, and mime.
Bill and Julisa Rowe
Bill and Julisa Rowe joined A.C.T. Intl because they had a passion for seeing drama used effectively in the church. They are best known in the U.S. for Julisa’s one-woman dramatic portrayals of missionary heroes: Amy Carmichael, an Irish missionary to India in the 1900s, and Mary Slessor, a pioneering Scottish missionary to Nigeria in late 1800s. The Rowes currently serve full-time in Africa, where the arts are the traditional preservers and extenders of culture, knowledge, and religion. They train indigenous church leaders and laypeople in the use of drama and music—especially indigenous forms.
Resources and Ministry Support:
If you become part of our organization, A.C.T. Intl can empower and assist your ministry in the following ways:
1. Administrative support and service. A.C.T. Intl provides a legal, non-profit structure through which you can operate and offers administrative services and benefits including:
- Legal non-profit organization status (you become part of a 501(c)(3) organization)
- Bookkeeping and payroll services (providing you monthly financial statements)
- Donor receipting and tracking services
- Mail list & donor list maintenance (if needed)
- Newsletters printing and mailing assistance (if you want it)
- Government reporting
- Assistance with retirement and insurance programs (health, dental, and disability)
2. Ministry flexibility with accountability. By providing the benefits of an administrative headquarters that works in conjunction with your own personal or ministry accountability structure, A.C.T. Intl can give you the freedom to pursue God’s creative ministry calling on your life.
3. Professional ministerial validation and association. By associating your ministry with A.C.T. Intl, you join an international coalition of Christian arts ministers (vocational, bi-vocational, and volunteer) who can affirm your creative calling and offer guidance, consultation, understanding, and practical support. We see each staff person as a bona fide minister or missionary and provide the recognition and accountability that will help you establish that identity with your donors and the churches and ministry organizations with which you interact.
Activities and Events:
We regularly conduct Ministry Candidate Orientations for those who are interested in becoming a ministry of A.C.T. Intl. We also host regional forums and conferences to equip artists for Kingdom service. Upcoming events are posted on our website: www.ACTinternational.org
How to Get Involved:
We accept inquiries from those interested in becoming a ministry department of A.C.T. Intl. Candidates complete an application and a candidate orientation.
How to Contact:
Larry Moshell, Director of Staff Development & Administration
Address: 7003 Chadwick Drive, STE 354, Brentwood, TN 37024
We are always open to partnership opportunities.